Discovery Of Calais, the North Sea and Deux Caps
From Castel Camping La Bien Assise in Guines, set off to discover an authentic region alternating between magnificent scenery and towns steeped in history. At the Deux Caps site, stroll between the tall cliffs of Cap Blanc-Nez and Cap Gris-Nez and wander through the streets of Wimereux, a small seaside resort with old-fashioned charm. Get excited about Calais lace at the international lace museum and immerse yourself in the history of the Second World War at the Blockhaus d’Eperlecques from which the Germans would launch their V-2 rockets at England. Your children will love Nausicaá, the largest aquarium in Europe where they can touch playful rays and admire terrifying sharks. Then, for a nature outing, hop on board a boat to visit the natural, preserved scenery of the Marais Audomarois biosphere reserve.
The length of the Opal Coast is dotted with fishing villages where time stands still. Whether you choose Wissant or Audresselles, you can soak up the charms of yesteryear in these villages as you stroll amongst picturesque houses. Around the villages, you will find beaches stretching out and inviting you to relax under the mild summer sun. Along those beaches, you can also feel the wind in your hair on an outing in a land yacht.
- Saint-Joseph: A Pas-de-Calais village with the charm of yesteryear
- Treetop adventures In the Forest of Guines
- Tour de l’Horloge museum: Heritage in Guines
- Marais Audomarois: A tour by boat
- Souvenirs of the Second World War: Military remains
- Grand Site des Deux Caps: Dizzying cliffs
- Field of the Cloth of Gold: A historical attraction
- Nausicaá Journey to the depths of the ocean
- Museum of Lace and Fashion in Calais: The history of a branch of expertise
- Cité Europe and Channel Outlet Store: Shopper’s paradise